Hello! I am 32 years old female and my submandibular nodes are swollen. I hope I got the right name for them, they are situated beneath the lower jaw. I touch them and they are quite hot, and tender. I have been feeling a bit weak these days, but nothing serious. I was wondering if there could be something behind these swollen nodes, an infection or something?

Well, swollen nodes are usually a sign of an infection. In your case there are quite many options to consider. Swollen submandibular nodes can be caused by Epstein-Barr virus, cytomegalovirus, cat-scratch disease, tuberculosis, sexually transmitted diseases, and other bacterial infections. Treatments may vary because of so many possibilities. There may be need for immediate surgical procedure to noninvasive testing to observation for a 3 to 6 month period, all depending on the your medical history and physical findings. So, off to a doc to determine what the matter is. I hope nothing serious!!!!