Hi, I am a 20 year old male. For as long as I can remember I have had a fear of throwing up, but only in my last few adult years has my condition worsened. When I was 6-7 I threw up for the first time thst I can remember. I had the stomach flu. It was very traumatizing for me. Since then I have only been sick a hand full of times. I'm always thinking about it, "should I eat this? Will it make me sick?" Or I will stay home when my buddy's ask me over, afraid to get sick and be away from a bathroom or my house. And it only seems to really affect me in the winter. Lack of sun and snow, plus the knowledge that (we get sick in the winter) all plays an effect on my brain. But recently my mother and family moved. Since then the winters have been rough on me, I will actually make myself feel sick by being afraid of getting sick! I can't take it anymore. I need to get passed this. It has over taken my life and I over-think everything. Every stomach bubble or gurgle I get I think it's me getting sick. Even Sometimes like right now...I will think I'm getting the flu...so I will stop eating, thinking it will be easier to throw up, well I haven't eaten very much or drank very much in the past few days, and I haven't gotten sick. So now that I know I'm not, I can't eat because it makes me feel like c**p. Haha it's nuts I swear to god I'm crazy. Just please somebody help me. Thank you.

I feel exactly the same! I had a terrible episode of food poisoning as a kid and ever since then I have been petrified of throwing up. The more we work ourselves up the more likely it is we will throw up so best thing to do is try an relax. I take Valium to relax me and have started CBT therapy, I suggest you try that also. I wish you well.