I had bunion and hammertoe surgery Thanksgiving week 06. I had NO problems with the bunionectomy but have had burning, sharp pains and the feeling of a string tied around the base of the toe having the hammertoe surgery. I can't walk w/o constantly feeling like my toe is being "strangled". It also sticks up. After the pin was removed, the toe "popped" up and hasn't gone down since. Doc. said this is due to the swelling and I have to be patient. I have tried all the treatment he has suggested including a cortizone shot in the top of the foot. Very little success w/anything. Seems like it is getting worse instead of better. What's up??? ?

I also had hammer toe surgery and a tailor bunion removed June of 06. My recovery time was long. I to have had many problems with the little toe after surgery swelling,discoloration,numbness,and also some stiffness. The Doc also informed me everything is fine. If you find out any answers please let me know.

I had surgery 3 weeks ago and have the same. Pin was in this toe. It's making me crazy. will it get better?