I had my gallbladder removed in mid-December. Outpatient surgery, and externally I have seemed to have healed well. Had diahrea ffor a while but that is settling down and I'm having more less normal BM's. But since then I've had not much of an appetite and a general feeling of something not quite right in my belly, kind of a "slightly upset stomach". And when I do eat it I'm able to eat only small amounts before I get full, and a lot of the time after I eat I feel really bloated. There's an issue of not having much energy either. Visited a naturopath and was given a bundle of things that were supposed to help my digestive process. It was suggested that I try to get into a routine of eating 3 meals a day to give my stomach a "rest" between meals. 'Bout given up on that routine......
Generally I wish I'd have had it out a year ago, the surgeon said my gallbladder was basically "dead", there were a lot of stones and a couple were the size of golf balls. Towards the end I was having near-continuous attacks and loosinhg weight pretty fast because I was afraid to eat......
Anybody have any suggestions?
Jim
paknsand@imbris.net

I had mine taken out a week ago today! Although, generally I feel better.. I have had diarhea so far and today I woke up with some pretty substantial pain in my kidney area (guessing it's gas related). My diet has been 1 meal (if that) a day since, very little portions as my appetite has been mediocre thus far. Just wondering if the kidney pain ever happened to you or anyone else who happened to go through this? Ate my 1st big meal last night, so figuring that probably has alot to do with the current kidney area (lower back, sides) pain as I had pain there at the beginning of post-op due to gas (same as pain in chest/shoulder area).

Just a little nervous, mentally I am still freakin' out that my pain will never go completely away as the gullstones were killing me prior to surgery and I cant imagine having to live through that type of pain again. Thanks

Hi, I just had mine removed August 8, 2012 and I am feeling very bloated all the time with back pains, I haven't eaten any fats or gassy foods so I dont know why.  I have tried to do everything I was told. I have had some meat but I baked it and it was lean chicken and pork so I dont understand why it hurts so bad and is so uncomfortable. It really sucks to have to go through this surgery and it has not helped. Is there any advise out there that might help?

I had mine removed yesterday, 01/31/2013 and what you feel is the same what Ifeel, but a lot of pain on the shoulders. This is cause of the air that they blow from the cut that is done on your belly. They ask me to walk around and massage that help the air goes down. This is my secong day and I haven't got the chance to go to do #2 but yes I have a lot of gas...am eating small portions, and a lot of water,,,but the pain still bodering...