Every month for about one week after menstruation I discharge a horrible vaginal smell (like feces). I wash regularly and leave the house non-smelling and then discharge during the day and it reeks. If I can smell it others can too. I am 43 years old and do not douche. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am having a very similar problem....anyone???

Look, it is normal for girls to have this post - period vaginal smell that is not pleasant at all. I used to call it smelly discharge after period. Post - menstrual vaginal smell causes the really bad smell. But you should relax - this is not something that you should  panic about and you really don't need to go to visit an expert in this case. Actually, this smell is totally normal because, as you already know, blood itself has a certain odor. Don't worry, you are OK, but it is nice to see that you "follow" all the changes that happen to you.   

It actually sounds like something similar to what i had at the age of 17. If your sexually active its can be very common if your not careful.. its called BV (Bacterial vaginosis). Its treatable with medication. Here's a random site i found... if you google BV others will pop up.

cdc.gov/STD/BV/STDFact-Bacterial-Vaginosis.htm

Hope it helps.. and make an appt asap no matter what it is.

I have the same problem. Except my discharge makes me very very sore every month after the terrible smell. Doctor is trying me on premerine cream. Doesn't work.
Now he's trying premerin pills. Glad to hear from anybody with simular problem. ?

I have a similar problem and yes the doctor claims it is BV, my question is this, "Does this thing ever goes away permanently, because I am sick and tired of going to the doctor every month? I have done some amount of detoxification and colon cleanse in addition to changing my diet and I must admit that the burning that usually accompany the discharge has disappeared. It would be good to hear from a medical doctor as to what we can do to eliminate this plague........help.

To everyone above and below: please go and Search for the book/e-book, 'BV free in 3 days' something along those lines . I Bought it a long time ago and it's a huge next-to-cure-explanation for everything you are going through. It's a very little understood and understudied condition. I was there. Please take this small but large piece of advice.