Hey everybody! I have a question regarding a change in vaginal smell. Ever since I took the morning after pill a little while ago, (about three months ago) I have noticed a change in the smell of my vaginal discharge and, I tell ya, I cannot stand it. It is a very strong smell - in a way it smells like foot odor, and in a way it smells like pre-menstrual discharge, (a stronger, bloodier type of smell). I can smell it almost all of the time, no matter how much I shower (I don't use any "feminine hygeine" products - only soap on the outside areas of my genitals) because the discharge is always there. I used to have a much fainter-smelling, normal discharge, but this is really getting me down. I'm just so tired of feeling aware of it and grossed out by it.

Anybody had anything like this before?

It is UNLIKELY related to PLAN B, and more likely related to UNPROTECTED SEX.

You probably have BACTERIAL Vaginosis! It is very common, I have a lot of BV infections every year, I am just prone to them.

AN antibiotic would treat this, so you should see your doc to see IF it could be BV.

I agree since I had this issue as well. And yes, this type of vaginal odor is caused by unprotected sex. You really should know that because of that type of sex, you can get so many different bacterial infections. I am also prone to them, it seems to me that it doesn't even matter how I take care of myself - because I really do. But it seems to me that this has to happen, occasionally. Every 10 months or so. I don't know, every girl should consult a gynecologist like I do occasionally. Take care and seek for some antibiotics. 

My partner and I had sex whilst I had my period, and he then decided to ejaculate inside me, as i had my period, but since then i have been having an odd discharge, its verry smelly i can smell especially when I move around, im almost sure ither people can get a wiff of it, I dont like it. but it does not itch nor does it burn. What is the cause of it? does my partner have another sexual partner? and also he is not circumcised.

Please help

Hi. It has just dawned on me that the cause of my vaginal odour was as a result from taking the morning after pill. It's not the insulting fishy odour that everyone talks about, but it sure isn't normal and I can smell it. I took all tests and all came back negative - Thrush, BV, etc. I wasted time trying gels n other stuff. I lived with it, but got embarrassed or paranoid so avoided oral sex. But after over a year I went to my doctor and demanded he give me whatever wipes it all out. The pharmacy didn't have the full dosage of miconozole 500 tablets in, but after only 5 days of the mega dose that odour was gone. I was so extatic. I recently took the morning after pill and after a smelly period, I'm back to square one. This is how I now know the cause. Fortunately, I have a lot of the miconozole tablets left and I'm taking them in anticipation it goes. I will report my findings as nowhere is this documented as a side effect. I have had no other effects from taking this pill on both occasions.

i went through the same thing.taking the morning after pill always does that to me and i thought it was unrelated until i had a talk with my friend about this and she has exactly the same problem...i am now on birth control to avoid having to take the pill and the smell is gone

I have had the same issue! Did not take plan b for a year and had 0 issues with BV, then I took it this year and a month later the symptoms came back and test was positive.

The exact same thing happened to me and it WAS TO the morning after pill!! I was normal and nothing else was different from usual routine, same diet and exercise, same boyfriend. I am 100% sure it's the pill!

What is the name of your birth control?

I was or am worried, I had no smell relatively I just noticed I different taste, took the after pill two days ago... Wasn't like this til today

Did any of you have issues with the smell returning after using miconozole? I've had this issue for months and am going to try miconozole cream. If it doesn't work going to the doctor for tablets.

Yes!! I took one over 2 weeks ago and I am horrified! My vagina never smelled and now it smells like sour milk. So embarrassing. Who can help?

It appears the morning after pill has done the same to me too! I thought it might be the mini pill that I changed but actually the timings are more likely to be the other. The sour milk smell and think white discharge was never an issue before. Did any of you have any luck sorting this embarrassing issue out? Feel a bit silly going to the doctors!!? Thanks

I swear it is

Hi. I simply take Metronidazole 400mg which you can now purchase online. No need to see your GP. Complete the seven day course, but the odour caused by the levonelle morning after pill went after three days use. I also used a Canesten bv tube which helped restore some moisture too.