I'm 53 with full-blown periods....what are the odds of me getting pregnant? I realize there are health risks (both mom and baby), but I'm healthy as a horse. Does anybody out there know of any biological reason why I wouldn't be able to produce a baby? For whatever it's worth, I don't look my age at all (people mistake me for late 30's, and no, I haven't had a facelift yet, but I'm not against it. ) My medical tests indicate I'm healthy as someone half my age. I'm also dating a 32-year-old right now, who wants to marry me--I tell him when he finally has as much energy as I do, maybe I'll think about it! I'm on no medication/s and never have been--ever! Given today's society and penchant for popping pills, that is a small miracle in and of itself. So back to my original question, what are the odds of becoming pregnant at my age with regular periods? I'd welcome a child at this point and position in my life-and if not, I'll gladly adopt. If Madonna can, so can I :-)

IF you are having periods, then you are most likely ovulating!

You can become pregnant.

YOU WILL have a much higher than normal risk for down syndrome and other fetal anomalies, so you may want to consider some prenatal testing.

Just wonderign if you ever got pregnant. I am 53 now and dating a 44 year old wonderful man. He has never had babies and would like to have a baby with him. I have four healthy kids. Ranging from 10 to 30. I am very healthy not taking medicines and never had health complications. I feel like a 40 year old even younger.

I will be turning 53 on 02/11/2014, I have twin daughter 30, and never have take any birth control in my life ever, still having regular periods I wonder can i have a child at this stage.