Hello, We r trying to conceive for 1.5 yrs but not succeeded.

We always need to use lubricant (using preseed and TTC - sperm friendly lubricant) while sex, as without lubricant many times i cant penetrate and if i can penetrate, it retracts my prepuce and make it so much painful and hypersensitive, so i need to remove it immediately, and it takes some time (5 minutes upto an hour max) to get prepuce back over pens itself. Is it normal or our infertility problem can be due to this? ========= Need help with this thing only, not about other infertility workup and all, as thats all have been worked up and fine.

Hi Raj,

Your foreskin SHOULD be able to retract fully when erect by about age 16 or so.  It will make penetration and sex easier.  As to the hypersensitivity, that also should have resolved by about 16.  Your glans is very sensitive, almost painful, because the nerves are not used to being touched.

Stretching can help.  Get an erection and pull down on the shaft skin OR use your fingers to spread the opening.  Do it as often as possible.  Leave your glans exposed as much as you can too.

Since I assume you are past 16 you should see your doctor.  The skin isn't as elastic as you get older and you may need steroid drugs to help you stretch. 

There are also medications that can help reduce the sensitivity of your glans during sex.

Good luck.

If I use little bit of lubricant, I don't have issue of hypersensitivity and pain and without retraction, I can penetrate easily. So is it necessary to have retracted prepuce for penetration?

Necessary, no. As you found though it can be very uncomfortable.
Again, it should slide down easily.

Thank you for ur reply.

I tried to retract it manually today and slide it down again, when it is not erect, can be retracted easily, thereafter, when it gets erected, again tried to retract, can retract it but not that comfortably like from non erect state. Regarding hypersensitivity, touching it is sensitive somewhat, pouring water doesn't cause much problem. But I think while erect and penetrating, if it is retracted, it causes much hypersensitivity and pain , so I need to use lubricant to make it easy. It is normal/usual or abnormal?

1. Should I manually retract before sex or let it happen itself?

2. Should I avoid even sperm friendly lubricant and try to penetrate even if get much hypersensitivity and pain? Any solution for that?

3. What do people usually does? Everyone retracts it and then do sex without much pain and hypersensitivity? Everyone do sex and it gets retracted itself without much pain or hypersensitivity? Or possible for anyone to do sex without lubricant and without retraction of prepuce so no hypersensitivity or pain?

As I said, I don't have trouble of retracting and sliding down gently manually , specially when not erect, doing it once make it erect somewhat and trying it again, little bit unfortable but gently can do it. But m afraid I can't penetrate without using lubricant. We have been trying for 1.5 yrs and most of the time, we can't do without lubricant and when we don't use it sometimes when I can penetrate without lub , it is so hypersensitive and painful as well, I need to remove back and slide it down gradually.

Initially I was thinking.it is fine but now I worry if it is bcz I am unable to penetrate without lubricant so we aren't have success in getting conceived or not? But as I said, we have 2 IUI as well so if that was the problem , IUI would have helped.

1. In most cases the foreskin will retract by itself upon erection.
2. You need to decide. Ideally, you will get used to the sensitivity and not require any additional lubrication beyond what each of your bodies naturally provides.
3. Again, in most cases the foreskin retracts by itself. No additional lubrication is necessary. When aroused both the male and female produce natural lubricants.

It is considered normal to not conceive within 12 months of regular intercourse. At this point, since you have been trying for 1.5 years, I would suggest you both see a fertility specialist. Your partner can expect a full physical exam and blood tests. You can also expect a semen analysis.

It could be the lubricant, sperm friendly or not. Be sure to tell the doctor what you are using.

But it is quite dry, most of the times no natural lubrication and feel so dry , so difficult without using lubricant.

It doesn't get retracted upto shaft just on erection, when trying to penetrate without lubrication, it gets retracted.

anatomically and physiologically the prepuce of the male penis produces it own lubricant making man made lubrication unnecessary. In your case you may need to see the doctor as to why this does not work for you.