Hi there

I would like to know if there is some kind of solution for those women who masturbate too much ( few times a day) and now actually have a problem in their sexual life.

I mean I have been doing this since I was 4 ( I seriously do not know why I have started, but I did not have a clue what I had been doing, you know). Now I am 20.

Can you please help me with this? Or do you think it is just some kind of phase and it will pass? Does anyone have a problem like this?

Dear Nyasha

You speak of "women who masturbate too much ( few times a day) and now actually have a problem in their sexual life" Because you masturbate frequently does not necessarily mean you have to have a problem in your sex life. The fact that you have raised the spectre, means that you have a good chance of avoiding a problem, or dealing with it if you have one.

• Do you actually have a problem?
  • What problem is it (or do you think might occur)?

"I have been doing this since I was 4" That is not uncommon.

• Were you doing it a few times a day then?

"I seriously do not know why I have started" Probably because it felt nice!

"Now I am 20"

• Has it changed over the years?
  • Do you reach orgasm each time?

"Can you please help me with this?" I will try if you explain a bit more what you want help with. From what you have said, there does not seem to be a problem, but maybe there are things you have not said, for you indicate that "it" is a problem.

"Or do you think it is just some kind of phase and it will pass?"

• What is the "phase" that may pass?

Many women masturbate into old age without it seeming to be a problem, but you have something on your mind.

If I can help some more I will try.

Maybe others will reply also.

If you prefer to chat in private, please feel free to do so, but in public others can benefit from the replies

thanks a lot for this quick reply!

I will try to explain this more.
I am jusr afraid. That is the think. I mean, I am still a virgin and I am a bit afraid that I actually do not really want to change that, because I do not need anyone. I mean, I do not have a desire to sleep with someone, because when a man touches me I just feel nothing. Total blank. And it sucks a little when you have a partner who likes you and you like him and he is not able to please you.

And I feel sorry than cos he is trying really hard. I feel like I am the only person who can please myself.

You haven't actually answered my questions! Please answer them so I can understand you.

It may be because of your masturbation techniques, or because of guilt, or because of a barrier you are putting up. Or it may be because of other experiences of your past. But I don't think the problem is just because you masturbate, or because of the frequency.

There appear to be other psychological matters here relating to sex. You seem to have a particular bf at the moment, so what is he doing sexually to please you, and how does it differ from your own self-pleasure? Don't forget that for a woman, it often takes more than physical stimulation to achieve sexual pleasure. Many need the emotional aspect right too.