My daughter wants to try Protein Power, some diet she recently heard for. I like this one, because is made by two medical doctors practicing in Colorado. I know they had, in 1995, wrote Protein Power as a guide to better health and weight loss through diet, nutrition, supplementation, and exercise. The principle of PP is the restriction of carbohydrates, in particular refined ones. Anyway, I am worried about health of my daughter, so I need info about what she has to avoid while is on Power Protein diet.

The driving idea behind the Protein Power plan is quite simple. They say how we haven't changed much from our cave-man ancestors. They were, for hundreds of thousands of years, ate mainly animal protein, with a few wild vegetables and nuts thrown in. They maintain that our bodies are still designed to eat this way. Doing otherwise has caused us tremendous health problems. There are three main types of food: protein, carbohydrates, and fat. Few natural things get close to 100% protein, with the exception of very lean cuts of meat or fish. Everything else is a mixture of at least two of the three macronutrients. Eggs and cheese have a small amount of carbohydrate. Dairy products like milk, cream, and yogurt are ok as long as you read labels and keep track of carbs. Protein Power is most closely compared to Atkins in that it is at the more restrictive end of the spectrum where carbohydrates are concerned. However there are some differences between those two diets.