I’ve been overweight ever since I was a teenager and even though I tried my best not to let that stop me in participating in physical activities or in my social life, I’ve always wanted to be slimmer. Now I carry the excess of 20 lbs I’m trying to get rid of, but I was researching on weight loss programs and it seems that most of them just restrict your calories for a while and then when the diet stops, the weight comes back.

When I was younger, my mom wouldn’t let me start any of these diets and now I understand why, but now that I really need to lose this weight I guess I do need some restrictions. Thats the main reason why I feel colorado diet would be the right one for me, mainly because it’s not too restrictive and I have no problems with participating in physical activities. If anyone already tried Colorado diet, what were your results?

Hello Jane,

in my opinion, Colorado diet is definitely one of the healthiest out there, mainly because it teaches you how to live a new healthier lifestyle that will help you maintain your initial weight loss progress.

As far as food is concerned, Colorado diet does have the daily amount of calories limit, but it allows you to eat almost all foods you eat regularly - only in smaller portions. That way your body won't be starving and your metabolism will adjust to process the food quicker, instead of storing it as fat.

Let us know how your progress goes!

Hi Jane, I just started following the Colorado diet program two weeks ago and so far I'm having a good feeling since it seems I'm definitely developing healthier habits. I eat 6 small meals a day, with 2 fruit or veggie snacks if I get extra-hungry in between the meals. I spend 30 minutes daily walking/ jogging, but I'm still in the phase one of the diet and I'm hoping I'll be able to handle much more than 30 minutes of physical activity. So far I've lost 5 pounds, but I think it's way healthier to lose weight slowly, than to go 20 lbs down in two weeks. Overall, I think it's working :)

thanks for your replies!

Just one more thing I'm wondering - how do I exactly get the meal and exercise plans for the Colorado diet? Can I find them online, or do I have to buy the Colorado diet book - are the meal plans included there?

I'm thinking that I'll use swimming as my primary physical activity, not only since the summer is coming, but also because it helps in developing muscles so my body won't be flabby when I lose the weight. and I think I can supplement that with walking or jogging.