What are protein diet benefits? I heard opposite opinions concerning this specific diet, so I am confused. If it is indeed bad for health, how come many people are using it? There surely must be some protein diets benefits, the only question is are they overcoming negative effects? Can you answer this for me?

The only protein diet benefit is that you will lose some weight, but it is usually short term. I don't think we should blame diets, we are to blame. We use a diet, and when we're done, we return to our previous way of eating. Ridiculous, isn't it? Anyway, protein diets are based on consuming only proteins and very small amount of carbohydrates, if any. This most certainly starts fat burning, but remember that our body needs carbohydrates, and that there could be some negative effects because of that. You get nervous all the time because of lack of serotonin in your body. So think hard before choosing any of the diets.