Hi, I’m 5’5 and I weigh 150 pounds and I want to lose as much of this weight as I can before the summer comes. It would be nice for a change to be able to go to the beach without feeling like an elephant.

I’ve been researching online and I came across Colorado diet which is generally touted as healthy, so I’m thinking to try it. I’d be pretty satisfied if I would lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks as the Colorado diet promises. But what I was wondering, would the results come faster if I tried to stick to soup only for the first few days? Also, any tips on Colorado diet soup recipes are more than welcome!

Hi Meg,

well, the main focus of Colorado diet is to get your metabolism to work better and this diet does that by focusing more on exercising than on restricting what you eat. Sure, in the first stage of the diet you have to eat smaller meals more times a day, with more fruit and veggies, as well as lean meat, but there is no need to shock your body by going only on a soup diet for weeks because in the second stage of Colorado diet you start to burn fat by exercise.

You can read more details here: https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/the-colorado-diet-a-hype-or-reality-a3353.html

Hello Meg,

in order for Colorado diet to be successful and that you manage to lose 20 pounds at the end of these 8 weeks, you don't need any restrictive measures like nothing-but-soup for days diet. When you're on such restrictive diet you're actually doing the opposite of what Colorado diet is trying to do with your metabolism: as soon as you stop soup-only diet and start eating, your body will start storing the extra calories as fat, because it will 'think' it's better to save the calories now for the next soup diet starvation period.

What will help your metabolism and weight loss more is to exercise, together with several smaller meals through the day.

Hiii Meg95... I think two best of losing weight are diet and daily exercise... these are two key option for weight loss. if you are older then 60 then you have to get rest r health supplements, because at this stage you can't exercise on daily bases....

Hope it will helpful for you..

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

thanks for all your replies. I've read the article, but it seems like I still need more detailed plan for the Colorado diet. Because all I know now that it has phases, and that you crank up the amount of exercise time in second. And it seems like when it comes to food it works similar to Weight Watchers since you can eat almost any food, as long as you don't cross the certain amount.

If anyone currently is on Colorado diet, or is planning to be, how do you get more details about daily meals?