Hi, I've been going to the gym for six years now, and recently decided to try power lifting. As I heard, for gaining mass i need some proper diet. My friend told me that I Should try low carb diet. Any powerlifters around?

Well I’m not a powerlifter, but I know some stuff about diet. First of all, powerlifters require more calories than bodybuilders. One approach is to eat everything, and practice hard. You want to do this if you need to gain weight for certain category, fast. Another way which is much better, is to have a smart diet. By smart I mean, to have a diet that will contain all the right stuff for building strength. For start you'll need at least 6 meals a day, and a lot of supplements. When speaking of supplements, I could only suggest whey protein, because there are no side effects (no side effects that I know of) and because they can provide you with enough proteins to build up your muscles. You will need around 3,3 grams of protein per kilogram of your body weight. You need to take simple carbohydrates before training, also complex carbohydrates in the morning, some good fats like polyunsaturated, monosaturated, and some of the saturated fats. You should also check out omega 3 capsules. Avoid heavy carbohydrate meals before bed time.

I'm currently a powerlifter.. My coach tells us after working out to get as much protein and water as possible, which is obviously low carb. Also calcium is important because calcium is what causes our muscles to move at all.

yeah, I am sure you have dieting mixed up with nutrition but seeing as it is now 2010 maybe you already learned that

just eat fruits and vegtables :-D