Hi, I suffer from psychological effects of smoke like if I smoke in the evening I can not sleep regularly or I get excited. I am more awaken and concentrated with cigarettes. What are psychological effects of smoking?

It is not scientifically proven yet, that nicotine has psychological effects in man, although it is proven in animals. Even when studies are performed not all affects don’t need to be result of nicotine activity in the body, since cigarettes contain many other substances. Smokers claim that they feel calmer, and they need a cigarette when being overstressed. When they are tired smoking brings back energy and strength, at least for short time. There is definitely some connection between nicotine and psychological state of smoker, but since a person is effected by many other factors, it’s very hard to estimate influence of nicotine alone.