Hi, I`m 34 years old girl and have 130 pounds of weight with 23% of body fat. My goal is to lose some 20 pounds and I think I have to much of body fat. If I manage to lose weight, will I reduce body fat? Also, not sure what percentage of body fat do I have to lose.

Hi, it is important to monitor body fat percentage because everyone needs some body fat. But, too much of body fat results in obesity. Having too little of body fat is also bad, as having too much. Extremely low body fat can lead you to anorexia nervosa, bulimia and some other eating disorders. Fat regulates your body temperature and presents one of the body`s energy storage. The loss of weight doesn`t have to mean that you will reduce the fat. Losing of 20 pounds is not healthy for you. You will have 110 pounds and 9% of body fat, and that is dangerously low. You need to lose some 7 pounds of fat (reducing your weight on 123 pounds.