I always listen people complain about weight and fat they have. I have pounds definitely enough to consider myself as overweight. Anyway, I know I have more muscles then I have fat. I wonder if that is normal, how wide dose body fat range. What is thought to be normal and average for male, and should I lose some weight anyway?

There is a tremendous amount of variation in the body fat of different groups of people. In athletes, the percent of body fat range from five to 20% in males and from 10 to 20% in females. The difference is highly dependent upon the specific sport or activity, as you can guess. It is absolutely common and normal that body fat range from man to man. Athletes competing in sports, where body weight is at least partially and supported of environment. This kind of sport is diving, swimming or rowing so this kind of people tends to have higher levels of body fat. Athletes involved in very high intensity anaerobic activities such as track short events or endurance events in track, basketball. Beside them, people who are doing wrestling, tend to have somewhat lower body fat levels. Having more or less body fat can be an advantage or a disadvantage depending upon the particular person’s activity. Having more body fat can be an advantage for contact sports, such as being a lineman blocking in football, and it does not mean you have excess fat if you are a little bit overweight.