Hi, my son suffers from diabetes and a doctor recommended me to get him an insulin pump. Can you tell me something about this pump? Does any of you use it?

Hi, I’ve been using this pump for two years. It is very important for us diabetics to be careful with medicines and sugar intake. Pump helps us with that, and it makes our life a little easier. Before I had a pump, I had to match my lifestyle to insulin needs, but now I am matching insulin needs to my lifestyle. I have a catheter placed under my skin, and pump delivers insulin shots 24 hours a day. When I eat, my pump gives me a bolus (additional insulin) to cover the carbohydrate from meal. Every time when I shower or swim, I have to disconnect my pump and insulin delivery stops. Insulin pump improved my quality of life, and reduced severe low blood glucose episodes.