I have been diagnosed with diabetes type I at the age of 12, when I was going through the peek of my puberty.....yes, i was stubborn and I did not follow my instructions and stick to my treatments, which eventually lead to two separate episodes of ketoacidosis, requiring hospitalization.... I have improved somewhat since then, but it is difficult for me to copw with the disease. I was really hoping that I would get an insulin, which would allow me to cope easier with my disease. But hell no, my doctor said that I am not a good candidate for it!!!! Can you believe he is denying me my right to be independent??? Advise, please...

I am confused by your post.  Are you not on insulin being a type 1 diabetic patient?  That seems very unusual.  The fact that you have had ketoacidosis and required hospitalization twice now should indicate the need for insulin.  Why do you wish for an insulin pump?  If you were able to give yourself injections, you would have much more freedom.  Are you afraid of shots?  I believe your parents should take you to a different doctor, because the one you have clearly doesn't know how to treat your condition.  I hope you find a good doctor that will listen to you and treat you well.  Good luck!