Hi everyone!

Just a few questions i was hoping people could help me out with. Someone close to me has recently been diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

Her only symptoms were weight loss, feeling tired all the time and swollen legs.

My first question is how advanced does everyone think this is??? No info from her consultant regarding stage although he didn't mention that it had spread beyond her ovaries?!?!

She has also got a lump underneath her navel which had been producing a discharge and apparently this is quite common in ovarian cancer???? The consultant didn't seem too concerned!!

She is also have 3 chemo sessions, followed by surgery and another 3 chemo sessions. Is this normal in the UK????

Thanks in advance for any useful responses.

I'm 18 my name is Laura I've been on my period for about 3weeks and have Sharpe pain in my ovaries and have lost a lot of weight and am tired all the time and have back pain do you think I need to go to the hospital and get checked for ovarian cancer

Laura, I think you may have endometriosis. Either way it would definitely be wise to see a doctor about this. Best of Luck!