Well, here is my situation.

I turned 15 a few weeks ago and I now have a girlfriend, I understand it will probably be a while before we have sex but I just want to get this sorted for the sake of it being sorted. I've never really had a reason to retract my foreskin properly before but I noticed when I tried to do it, I couldn't - as it hurt. Over the past week or so I have been stretching it and earlier on in the shower I finally managed to get it over the head, but then I felt as if it got stuck and I got worried and it wouldn't go back normally. I understand I probably should have left it for a few minutes but it was the first time i'd fully gotten it over the head and I got worried that it was stuck and had to wrestle with it to get it back. Basically, here are some questions that I would like you to answer if possible. Note: I was flaccid at the time, there was no way I was going to try it erect to begin with.

Is it necessary for the foreskin to retract during sex?

If I keep stretching it, will it get looser (and therefore not get stuck)?

What should I do if it gets stuck?

How long will it take for me to get a 'fully functionable' (so to speak) foreskin?

I have a shower every night anyways so that is when I try to stretch it. I also have a feeling that I have a short frenulum, although this may just be because I haven't retracted my foreskin before until tonight. Will my frenulum stretch as my foreskin begins to stretch?

Thankyou so much for any help!

You've only been stretching it for a week. It takes longer than that to get skin to stretch so keep at it, you'll get there. You were able to get it back after it got stuck so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Mine used to get stuck all the time when I was masturbating and I just left it alone. When my penis shrunk back to it's normal size it rolled right back into place.

If you can get two fingers in the end of your foreskin, you can stretch it by spreading them as much as you can and holding it there until you get tired of holding it. That will help it stretch quicker.

Do I have to stretch EVERY night? I can only stretch in the shower and I don't get chance to have a shower every single night (for example - tonight, as I was at my girlfriends and i've just got in and am going to bed).

There are no rules. Do it whenever you can. It's just that the more often you do it the sooner it gets to where you want it.

So if I left it for lets say, 2 days, it wouldn't go back to how it was, right? and thanks so much btw.

Hi Worried Fifteen:

No, it is not necessary for the foreskin to retract during sex.

Yes, if you keep stretching it, then it will continue to get looser. Stretching causes tissue expansion. The increase is permanent.

What should I do if it gets stuck?

It sounds as though you are almost there. You should manage it in a few weeks or months.