My husband has just returned from the doctor with not so positive news. He was diagnosed with raynaud's syndrome – primary form. He always had this skin problems – sudden change of color from time to time in his fingers and toes, sometimes even nose. Lately, time between attacks became shorter, so he decided to check it with doctor. Anyway, he is interested in raynaud's attack prevention, any advice?

My brother is suffering from the same illness and thank God, it is a primary form – that means there are no other disease causing raynaud, just raynaud itself. As for prevention, he has to keep himself warm in cold time, with several layers of clothes and hat, since bare head is a good way to lose the body's warmth. Also he must leave cigarettes (if he is a smoker), and proper exercises might come in hand.