This morning I woke up with swollen toes. I am really worried because I have no idea why this happened. I tried putting my legs in cold water thinking maybe the swelling would go down but it hasn’t. It’s been five hours and they look the same. What could this be please help!

Well, you didn’t say if you suffered from any medical conditions. This symptom may occur in diabetes as well as in the number of other disorders and diseases. Toe swelling can occur if a person suffers from osteoarthritis, RA, acute or chronic gouty arthritis (gout), psoriatic arthritis, lupus and many more. It could be due to some sort of infection or if you haven’t been moving much. It is important you saw a doctor and have the swelling checked as it may be a sign of an underlying cause.

untill u see a doctor try raising ur legs above pelvis level to reduce swelling.

I have a swollen baby toe on one foot . I saw a podiatrist who told me it was from pressure from my shoes. this weekend I have been off my feet and not wearing shoes at all and the problem is not getting any better. i thought maybe it was chilblains, but my toe does not itch at all. any idea what this could be. I've just had my sugars checked, no problems with that and I am an active person.

I also woke up to a random swollen toe. I have no idea what it is from. Now after a couple days it has made its way to the nearest toes. and i woke up again and my other foot has toes that are swelling up. I have no health problems that i am aware of either. I suppose i must go see the doc. Any more ideas what may be causing this? i thought perhaps i got bit by something... but i think its a bit odd for it to be on just my toes and on both feet.