Hi, so I have had a red patch of skin under my bottom lip for quite a few months... I'd say probably 6? It's not really painful unless irritated. I have tried just about everything to make it go away but it just won't. I'm 16 and play clarinet, if that helps... Any ideas?

It could be eczema, but a dermatologist should take a look at it. Whatever it is, you need to be careful not to further irritate the area if it is inflamed. Leave off the moisturizer, it probably contains a lot of ingredients, some of which may be contributing to irritation. Eczema may sometimes be an allergic reaction to the excrement from house dust mites. Food allergy may trigger atopic dermatitis as well. But the red patch could also have something to do with mouth piece of your clarinet, you could be allergic to the material it's made of.

I have the same problem. When you okay, does the reed touch that part of your skin? It's probably caused by that. Work on embouchure with your lesson teacher to get the correct form and make sure you're pulling your chin down.