Hi everybody. I am having problems with my dog. Right now I don’t have the money to take him to the vet, I’ve had some unexpected expenses. And it was only recently when I got him so I haven’t had the time to figure out all those natural treatments and home remedies. Can someone help me? He is having a skin rash. He keeps licking the spot and scratching. His hair fell off from that place but I am pretty sure that was the result of his constant scratching. I don’t know what to do. Is there any natural treatment for skin rashes?

Yes there is. There is no need to visit a vet if the dog has a regular rash. You can help him on your own. There are many ways but my personal favorite is coconut oil. It helps a lot. Take coconut oil soaks and put them on the troubled areas. You can massage the skin and let it soak for 4 to 6 hours. If the dog’s skin is still oily after 6 hours, shampoo it with Palmolive dish soap. And if the skin absorbed all the oil you can use a baby shampoo. As I said, there are many other ways, but I like this one. 

I think that this is a problem that will never end. My dog is struggling with skin rash for a months, and sometimes, I think that I am going to lose my mind because of this. He is starching all the time. My friend gave me some solution, that helped his pet. I am using this for a few days, and I think that the situation is much better. Of course, the vet is first option. He suggested me dipping a cotton ball into a milk of magnesia, and to put it directly onto the irritated area. You should repeat this process several times a day. Aloe vera also works. 

I’ve never heard that coconut oil can help with rashes. I need to try and see if it’s effective.
Till now I’ve found 3 or 4 ways to treat my dog’s skin rash. Number one way is definitely Aloe Vera.
Aloe Vera cream or gel treats various skin issues on both humans and animals. All you need to do is to apply it to the irritated skin. You can either take it directly from the plant (this is the better option) or you can find it in the form of gel in the stores. Both will help your dog’s skin to soothe.

You should try apple cider vinegar too.

My friend uses it every time her dog gets a rash. I’ve never tried it because like I said in my previous post, I use coconut oil and it’s perfect for this. It solves my problem in only a week or two. 

But this friend says apple cider vinegar is also good. She applies it to her dog’s rash once in a week. But you can apply it two to three times per week if you want it to be effective. 

Let me know how did that work if you decide to try it.

Hello. I have the same problem with my dog. Pit Bull, he is three years old and he has a lot of problems with skin rash. I was taking him to the vet, and he is perfectly healthy. He gave me some shampoo for rash, but I think that it was only worst. I didn’t know that coconut oil and aloe vera can help in this. My friend told me that olive oil is a really good option and chamomile tea, but I am not so sure, since I didn’t saw any results in almost one month. I will try coconut oil, but to be honest, I really don’t know what to do anymore.

Never heard that chamomile tea can help for skin rash :/ I mean, it won’t harm, but I think that this one won’t help you to get rid of this annoying rash. Coconut oil and aloe vera are really good idea. I have heard that oatmeal and water can be rubbed onto the dog’s skin. This will help relieve itchiness, and you should let oatmeal on the skin for 10 minutes – no more. Wash it with a warm water and trust me, the body of your pet will be great.

I haven’t tried this one, do you have any experience with this natural treatment? 

Aloe vera and chamomile tea are my picks for treatment of rash. This combination was successful several times when my dog had problems with a rash.

You can use Aloe in form of cream or gel, there’s no real difference. The beneficial effect of Aloe for skin is known for decades (you can see many commercials which talk about it, mostly for human skin). Just apply it to the irritated area.

As for chamomile tea, you need to make a rinse. To do so, just steep two teabags in cup of hot water. Let the liquid cool, then apply it to your dog and let air dry. 

I have tried oatmeal trick with my dog and it was very effective. But you must be extremely careful as some dogs are allergic to oat so you can do much harm to them.
If you are certain that your dog doesn't have that kind of problem, you can stir the oatmeal into a bath of warm water and let your dog soak in it. An instant relief is guaranteed!
This remedy can be used for skin infections and other skin diseases which cause itchiness as well.
Use baby or finely ground oatmeal which you need to grind in a food processor.