I need to get some info regarding the reduction of platelets in pregnancy. I am now 5 months pregnant and am suppose to have my blood test each month just to check upon platelets level so I would like to know this reduction of platelets in pregnancy-could it cause me some complications for my current platelet count is 110x10.9/L and I am at risk of more severe reduction of platelets further on in pregnancy. Thanks!

Reduction of platelets in pregnancy is quite common but it needs to be kept under control for basically platelets reduction means that your organism produces more liquid part of blood called plasma making your platelets more diluted. So when this tiny red cells that flows through the blood are very diluted than there is a risk of abnormal bleeding during or after delivery so that is why you should recheck your platelets count in pregnancy especially if its reduction is severe but no treatment is needed except if your reduction of platelets in pregnancy becomes really severe than platelet transfusion is commonly advised.