Can someone clarify this for me if possible? I am hoping to get the correct information about reiki - I am aware that it is channeling of some kind. Is it Chi or Qui channeling? It would be great if you could clarify this, because I am looking into getting some treatments at the moment and would like to be prepared well.

Those two are in fact the same thing, in different kinds of Chinese. It refers to the energy of life, I believe, or something along those lines. Here in the West, it is generally called Chi, though the words used by your reiki healer depend on their background and training. At the end of the day it is not the word that is important; rather the treatment.

Both qi and chi are the same thing. It's been proven that the human body can repair itself, however blockages in energy can stop it from performing it's job. Anti-inflamatories or accupuncture / qi / chi / reiki can all help.