Had green light laser surgery in Dec 06. Now suffer from retrograde ejaculation. Doctor says give it time..... Will this condition ever change back to normal?

arky

Treatment with medications will restore it. Please see your doctor about this

Regards,
Portia

heh arky I am considering green light is sensation of ejaculation any different than before

Can you tell me what medications will restore this. My Dr. had never heard of this until I talked to him about it. I tried using large dosage of psudefedrine, and I had a very bad reaction with my anti-depressant. I take 700mg of Wellbutrin a day, part in the morning and afternoon and evening. I have copd, and take Advair, ect for that, and never had any problems before surgery.Some one on here said their Dr. gave them Ephdrine tablets, 50mg. and taking this 1/2 hour before, took care of the problem. He looked it up and said he could only find 2 different dosages, and one was by injection,and the tablet he found was different than 50mg. I would appreciatte your help.

Whether you will have retro or not, and how long it lasts, depends on how your surgeon does the procedure. The Greenlight promo brochure states 30% of patients will experience retro ejaculation for up to three months post-op but that usually goes away. Various other web sites about the procedure have that same info. I'm five weeks post op, am experiencing the retro thing accompanied by significant pain in the final parts of the retro ejaculation, and today the surgeon told me that the way he does the procedure the retro thing is 100% guaranteed and worse yet it will be permanent. Direct quote: permanent retro ejaculation is the price you paid to have a better stream.

Don't know why he does it this way but he didn't make it clear before the procedure. Had he done so I would have found a different surgeon. I'm only 57 and my sex life is now over thanks to this procedure.

If you're considering having GreenLight done, think of it as emasculation light. You won't be a fully functional male afterwards.

Retro ejaculation after two weeks of post green light was a bit weird the first time after release with NO fluids from the penis whatsoever. The sensation was there BUT NO fluids?? Will that restore and come back in time?

Hi Portial and Arky- My green light is post OP to weeks now and flow is improved greatly BUT some small amounts of blood in the urine??Will that stop and is that normal? On Retro ejaculation the first time, yesterday, felt OK, BUT NO fluids. Will the fluids come back through the penis and when??

Thank you for this info and I am now concerned as well. I am getting very mixed information that the retro is temporary and will consult my surgeon. AFTER TWO weeks post OP, my first ejaculation felt pleasurable, BUT very ODD with NO fluids through the penis. Need to understand all of this. Small amounts of blood in the urine still after two weeks?? Normal?