I have been having very severe right shoulder pain that will last for a day or two then go away for a few days..then come back again..for the past year now. Sometimes it's more severe pain and sometimes it is more tolerable. When it's at it's worst i will feel the pain in my chest especially when i take deep breaths and it will sometimes radiate down my arm..This is all on the right side. I got xrays for it about a month ago but haven't received any reply yet. Does anyone else have any idea what this could be?

I have EXACTLY the same thing going on!! I have it for 2 or 3 days at a time and i cant even take a deep breath without being in severe pain. Feels like somone is stabbing me in the back just below my right shoulder blade...I also feel like its right behind my heart. I have no insurance and little money so im not sure what to do about this...Ive had it on and off for about a year now as well. If you found out what it is i would love to hear from you. Or if anyone else has the same problem or knows please email me. _[removed]_ Also, i lift weights reg. and have had a dislocated shoulder a few times. Im wondering if this had anything to do with the pain...But ive gotten it even when i havent worked out that week so who knows! Please help someobody!

I had on and off SEVERE shoulder pain for years and my primary doctor finally realized it was my gallbladder. The pain would keep me up at night and it was horrible. The only relief I could get was by doing things that treat muscle pain, like bengay patches or a warm bath. This problem was overlooked by several doctors, including a gastrointerologist. Ask your doctor for an ultrasound if you're concerned about this.

I too had the same problem for about 2 1/2 years until it was to the point where I couldn't work. I do private security for VIP's and on my time off of that I am a bouncer at a high class Gentlemen's club so it was really screwing with my income. Finally I went to a client's Dr. and found out it was my gallbladder. Had surgery and been doing great ever since. For those that don't have money or insurance I would suggest finding a Non-Profit Hospital. Typically they are either a University of Medicine/Hospital or a Religion based Hospital.