I have started running recently and I run three times a week, but every time when I finish running I feel soreness in my legs. It’s such an unpleasant feeling. Is that common for a beginner? Did you have the same problem when you started running and how did you solve it? I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks!

It is very common for beginners to feel soreness in their legs. It can happen especially when a person is not fit. You should warm up before you start running by speed walking or slow jogging and then to stretch. It’s good to stretch also after you finished running. You also have to try running at a slower pace and to increase speed and intensity gradually over a period of time. Breathing is also very important. Try to breathe in as much as you can through your nose, because when it is cold outside your throat may hurt. That’s why it’s better to breathe through nose. You should try to take in deep breaths when you run, not short ones.