What is in your opinion more important for running speed or technique? I think that technique is much more important and I primarily work on that part of running. I never force speed because I think that when your technique is good the speed will be the final result. I don’t like speeding up and trying to force myself. Speed is maybe important for sprint, but for long-distance running it’s not.

Although I basically agree with you I think that speed is also a very important segment. Maybe only jogging is a relaxed slow-paced running, but for any other type including long-distance running, speed is of vital importance. I always try to work on my speed. Of course I don’t put too much pressure on myself, but I increase the speed gradually because there is no way that speed will be improved if you don’t work on it. You might improve your technique in the sense that you can learn how to breathe properly and avoid exhaustion or develop capacity of your lungs, but the speed must be separately exercised. So, my vote goes for speed.