So embarrassing to admit, but my upper eye lids are beginning to sag! I am 40yrs old, and I really think it’s not the right time for these things to happen… I was always concerned with the look of my face, and tried to keep it ‘young’ as longer as I could. Now, what do you suggest? Should I take a surgery?

If you have enough money for surgery (more then $3.000) – go for it. It is fastest way to deal with this, and your eyelids are not only going to be stopped form sagging, but you will also look younger. You can deal with this overhanging skin in two ways: you can take surgery to remove excess skin, or you can just do eyebrow lift. This second option is now more common. However, blepharoplasty is not the cure that could stop your eyes from aging! Keep in mind that the effect of upper eyelid surgery will last somewhere from five to seven years – but there are even people who’s surgery lasted for a lifetime! If needed, you can do surgery again.

There are many health professionals that say that the reason for sagging upper eyelids is often the result of lack of the use of the muscles of the forehead, which, like other muscles, elongate from atrophy from disuse over time.
There are simple isometic facial exercises that can be done to strengthen, tone and tighten the forehead facial muscle, pulling the muscles up and lifting the muscle back where it belongs, so that it doesn't sag and push down onto the eyelids, creating that heavy lidded, vision impairing effect.