I would like you to help me with a little problem. It is not that much of a problem, more like an annoyance. My 5-year-old son is a real scab picking toddler. I cannot explain to him that he must leave those cuts, crusty scabs, mosquito bites. However, of course he is still very little to understand and do everything I say to him. Nevertheless, I am afraid that he will make things worse with all that scratching.

Your son is examining the world around him and his body too. A cut that is now a scab and picking it is like a completely new game and he does not need any other toys, just him and his body. Even though it is more or less harmless, you should be aware of impetigo, skin infection that can emerge because of excessive scratching. But this is also treatable with some ointments, so do not worry.