I need help distinguishing whether I'm gaining weight, bloated or pregnant.

My last period started on January 9th and ended on January 13th. On January 15th, my boyfriend came over and we fooled around for a bit. He fingered me for a bit and later on, I sat on his pelvic/thigh area with his penis resting flat under my 'down there.' I've done some research and found out that it's possible but unlikely that someone would get pregnant without actual penetration but I'm just wondering. I haven't gotten my period yet and it's been a month already. My belly's gotten slightly bigger but it might be bloating.

I haven't been getting any symptoms of pregnancy either. For example, no tender or painful breasts, no spotting, no tiredness or morning sickness (even though that comes a while later). So I am seriously confused!

The things that worry me most though, is that I haven't gotten my period and that my belly's getting bigger slowly. Help?

And I'm 16.

You're fine you are not pregnant. This post actually made me smile because of your wording of "down there".

It takes several months before your stomach will start to grow what you might be having is bloating which is normal specially for a young girl because your periods are weird and never 100% accurate.

It is almost impossible to become pregnany without penetration because sperm/semen is highly vunerable to bacteria and let's face it semen aren't exactly strong. Most of the time when semen leaves the body and comes in contact with any bacteria is dies instantly is why men inject their sperm deep into the inner vagina and also why men pre-cum (Pre-cum which is highly more potent than actual cum cleanses the penis of bacteria)

Sorry for long drawn out post. Just remember you're young and your body is going through some odd changes that you will think is weird. If you do have sex please use protection and remember also just because he has a condom on doesn't make it a good idea for him to cum inside you with it on because condoms fail... A LOT.

Thanks! It's probably unlikely I'm pregnant, but I'm just really scared. It'll be hard telling my mum if I really end up being pregnant at this age. And it's okay, I love reading long replies like yours because they offer heaps of interesting and necessary information.

Of course, I'll always use protection when having sex in the future. And by future, I mean years later. We're both not ready for it. A bit of fooling around is all for now. Okay, I guess I can relax slightly now. Thank you again!

You are most welcome! Glad I can help!

Hmm, but when I press on my belly, it feels soft on the surface and then it's a bit harder in. If you know what I mean.. Is this what bloating is?

Yep :-) bloating is kinda like having a gassy tummy.

Also there is a thing called Pseudocyesis which is hysterical pregnancy which deals with the EXTREME desire or fear of being pregnant and your body actually starts to mimic symptoms of it. S

Such as: You ovaries will grow systs which will mimic stomach growth and bloatation, loss of period, morning sickness etc.

Which I can tell is not the case with you you're just young and your body hasn't adjusted to this odd thing called a period. Also it would take months before you would be able to feel the baby forming in you.

Oh, okay :-) Once again, thank you. Your words make me feel a lot better. I also heard that stress may delay or make you skip a period or something. Maybe I'm stressing out due to being scared of being pregnant + school assignments and so. But hopefully my periods come within the next few days.

Yes stress can do that as well, stress can do a lot to the human body; cause weight gain/lose etc.