After few months trouble with red, itchy rash and white scales I visited doctor. I just couldn’t take it any more with faith it will pass. Obviously it wasn’t allergic reaction. Then I found out it was seborea. I want to know who gets seborea, and what causes it?

Seborea is common skin problem. When it’s affects the scalp it is called “dandruff”. It can also be on parts of the face as well, including the folds around the nose and behind the ears. Also forehead, eyebrows and eyelids are not avoided. On the body seborea often occurs in the middle part of chest around navels. Those symptoms may appear under the arm in skin folds too, below breasts and in the groin and buttock area. Infants may also get seborea. Then it is known as a “cradle cap”. It goes away after about 6 months. Also it may affect diaper area and look like diaper rash. Off course, adults and elderly persons can be affected too with seborea. It is more common in men then in women. Person with oily skin is more likely to be affected then one with dry skin. Cause of seborea is not fully understood. It is likely a number of factors involved, such as hormones and stress. Yeast like organism plays an important role.