I may readjust my schedule just a little bit and break up my lifting days into 2 upper body days and 2 lower body days instead of the 3 days of full body lifting that I'm currently doing.

Will I get noticebly better results by focusing on upper and lower body on different days or would I be better off to stick with my current schedule and take that extra day off from lifting?

You usually have to do things 3 times a week to improve at a good pace. 2xwk may be good for body building because that is all your are doing and you will stress your muscles to the max. I think endurance athletes that lift well below max are better off with 3x wk full body lifting.

The ACSM says that lifting 2 times a week is OK if you're just doing it to gain muscular strength and endurance. With that said, I think it depends on your goals, and if you focus on quality instead of quantity.