10-11 :: Run the Reagan 5K :: Running it, but not racing. It's so close to my house that I can't pass it up though + I get to meet at least 1 Riff-Raffer, maybe more.

10-12 :: Sprint Distance Duathlon (2 mi/15 mi/2 mi) :: I'd like to do well in this race. Much more important that the 5K the day before.

10-17 :: Logan's Run 5K :: This one's at night. My first night race and I'd like to be able to do well on this race too.

Suggestions on how to handle the days between the races?

If you're really going to push for the races on 10/12 and 10/17, I'd take it easy between them. Maybe get in 2 light days if anything. But then again, I don't have your schedule... and I didn't sign up for 100 pts/wk on the Fall Frolic 8O 8O 8O

10-10 Off
10-11 5k Easy
10-12 Do the Du
10-13 Easy spin or commute to work
10-14 Easy run
10-15 Tempo run
10-16 Easy run
10-17 5k

My 2 cents.

I'll agree with Bob's :twocents:

5k easy
push other two

little to nothing inbetween. jog maybe 3 miles on one day and spin 45 minutes another......make sure to do a little coolddown after duathlon with a little stretching...or ice bath is even better if possible.

I'm going to agree with Sue here, you have had some injuries in the past and I think this would be the best way to handle such a tight schedule without potentially causing an injured again.

FWIW - I follow this advice pretty closely except I lifted 4 times (upper body only). It seemed to work pretty well for me. I felt well prepared going into the 5K on Friday night. I was through when Saturday morning came around though.

:cheers:
Glad to hear it and your race reports.