When I shave my vagina I occasionally get razor burn, I know it happens to most everyone, but mine seems a bit severe. It seems to spread and locate itself in the area between my vagina and rectum. It itches severely and I know I shouldn't, but I scratch it anyway. It has gotten to the point that it bleeds slightly and I have to lean forward when I urinate otherwise it burns. Is this something serious that I should be worried about? Can it be treated?

I'm having this same issue. The worse part is if I don't shave it gets worse because then the hair growing causes irritation. help?????

The best thing to do when you shave your downstairs is to make sure you have a good razor. A razor that is used on your legs and underarms shouldn't be used to shave down below. Keep a seperate razor for that stuff and dispose of it after 2 or 3 times. Sit in the tub for a few minutes and let the hot water open up your pores and the hair will come off easier.
Always make sure you lather up really well and don't use soap. Soap is drying and will cause irritation. Use a good brand named shave gel or even a guys shave cream. When you begin to shave, don't dig the razor into your skin, use short light strokes and rinse the razor often.
Rinse and dry and apply lotion. It shouldn't sting that bad if you weren't rough when you shaved.

i had this problem and i had to take medication for it 'especially if your pea in the morning smells funny or anything
its a chemical imbalance in your vagina causing STD like symtoms the medication is 4 dollars without help from insurance so just visit your doctor and have them examin away
oh and try swtiching to waxing that should help too

What Is the medication called?

Holy c**p. I'm so happy other people have this problem. I have a bad case of the " I think I have an std" I have seen 3 drs in the past week and they think I'm crazy. I actually walk in the room and ask them to look at my vagina. Lol. I got Meds and cream. I'm on day 2 and it's not emproving that much. Fingers crossed. It hurts to sit or walk.

Cornstarch.... It works wonders.... If you have scratched yourself raw you are going to want to keep it dry as possible so it can heal..... No more shaving for me.....

Gosh do I hate razor burn down there! I read to do a hot compress for 5 to 10 minutes and then use hydrocortisone. The warm compress was quite soothing, but the hydrocortisone did nothing! Prevention is always best by using good razors, a good shaving cream and soaking in the tub for awhile before shaving What works for me is using Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion with Soothing Oat Essence. When that is soaked in I rub in some Mary Kay After Sun Replenishing Gel. Works wonders and the gel is cool and soothing!

I have problem with severe razor burn in my bikini area. Because Im a big girl, its would be very uncomfortable b/c of body heat. Anyhow, I saw on YouTube that using Dove deodorant as an after shave really helps. I know it sounds silly, but its true!!!! Not only does it ease comfort with existing razor burn, but it's an excellent after shave. Strippers actually use this old trick. Now one time I got cheap and tried another brand; didnt have the same results. Anyhow, I really hope this helps!

It sounds like you have "contact dermitis", meaning using a razor which most likely contains nickel is making you break out.  I'd look for an alternative - waxing, Nair, etc.  Good luck.

Any dove deodorant?!

I found a great item on the internet that works amazingly well on these problems. Will not help with the razor burn but the odor, the uncomfortable feeling of an STD.......gone. It is called Lactacyd. It brings your PH levels back to normal. Almost 100% of women's PH levels are out of whack in their vulvar area. Takes care of UTI's also. I think you will love it. Mine comes from Amazon for about $5 a bottle.

It do the frikkin same to me

I'm so glad it's not just me. I went to the doctor and I do not have an STD. I am really bad about using the same razor and using soap. It makes sense now. I only notice the razor burn when the hair grows back. It's so painful!

How long till it goes away??