Hi im 15 and after i started shaving my scrotum it has been constantly itchy and unbearable at times. For a day or two it seems fine after shaving but when the hair grows in again it starts to itch and the more i let it grow the more it itches so i have to shave again. I dont know if i am shaving right and i dont have access to many of those products people say to use. the hair seems to grow back along the skin and not out like i think it should. walking even causes it to itch and i am really stuck. please someone help me any advice is appreciated so much

sheve with the hair on parts like that. Never sheva against it because it will cause razor burn and severe irritation

Hey pal, im 16 (almost the same age), and I have also tried shaving all down below. As said before me remember to shave in the way the hairs grow, no what way they may be. Aftre shaving put either some talcum powder or ,for me i use nivea deep moisterize (think thats spelt wrong) but just rub it on, and leave it....

No problems so far !!

ok well im 15 to and i shaved not to long ago andi have been DIEING the last few days and i wanna just like kill myself its so bad like in school and sh*t ugh its horrible i have had no luck lotain help ALITTLE but not enough bottom line DONT SHAVE trim. your a guy you have more flexibility

Hi i'm 16 years old and I also have the same problem. I started shaving there since abou the 8th grade and it's embarrassing to scratch in front of anyone. Please come up with stuff to help this I'm sick of it. Maybe it could be lice because those bugs like warm moist body parts. I've tried many lotions and none really work. Some one out there please help. I want it to stop now before school starts back up in august.

Dont worry, Yes it is irritating i am 17 and did shave when i was 15/16 for the 1st time, give it 1-2 weeks or so try not to scratch it, you could cause a rash, this effect will ware off as your hairs wil start to grow back, The reason it does itch is because you have chopped the ends of your hairs off and are now do not have a naturally grow lets say hair cap.

Same with if you get your head shaved and run your hand over it, it is prickly.

But now you know the side effects of have a shave down there it is all part of learning..

Ingrown Pubic Hair- Treatment & Prevention

The current haute couture and fitness trends have led to an epidemic of ingrown pubic hairs.  Grooming our pubic hair is a very personal choice.  Do we really want to tame that unruly bush ?  People's reaction to the topic range from... who cares !... just a little trim please... to I like that "clean virginal look".

Improper pubic hair grooming habits lead to ingrown pubic hairs.  Shaving is the most common culprit but,  improper waxing, tweezing and depilatory products can also cause ingrown pubic hairs.  Yes, I know if you're going to wear a bikini or a speedo...  something has to be done in the "bikini area".  Again some professions demand that the "bikini area" be maintained... body builders...  models etc.

Persons with dark, coarse...  curly hair are prone to ingrown hairs.  As you know,  the pubic area is usually curlier and coarser than other areas.  People of color are unusually susceptible to ingrown pubic hairs...  and unforetunately ingrown hairs... period.

An ingrown pubic hair is caused by a hair being cut too short...  or it breaks off below the skin.  The hair then begins to grow into the side of the follicle.  It becomes that angry red bump you're familiar with...  an ingrown pubic hair.  Let's look at the best prevention tips.

Prevention Tips

1. Shaving-  The best prevention is not to shave the pubic area...  or shave less often.  If you must shave...  do it properly !

Trim the Pubic Hair-  Pull the hair away from your body and trim with scissors or clippers with a safety guard.
Soak In The Tub-  Warm water will soften your pubic hair.
-- Shaving Cream-  It's best to use a hypo- allergenic shaving cream to soften the hair and make it easier to shave.  Many people are allergic to commercial shaving creams in this sensitive area.  It's alway good to perform a "patch test" with any new product. Try the product on your forearm and see if you get a reaction.

-- Razors-  Use a sharp single bladed razor,  preferably a safety razor to shave the pubic area.  Multi bladed razors, shave too close to the skin, and can lead to ingrown pubic hairs.  A sharp single bladed razor is the best defense against ingrown pubic hairs.

-- Shaving-  Stretch your skin with one hand.  Shave in the direction of the hair growth...  or with the grain.  Use two or three short strokes to lessen irritation.  Shave once a week...  as shaving more often can leave the hair too short...  making it easier an ingrown pubic hair to develop.  If you shave in the same manner every time, you can train the hair to grow straighter. This is a benefit to shaving the same way each time.  This is crucial for the African American population who are highly prone to ingrown hairs. 

Tea tree oil! It reduces the itch and redness and gives a nice sensation down there! Im 15 too bro wish you luck!

Buy a product called Tend Skin. Helps ease razor burn and encourages hair to pop out from under skin if ingrown, within a couple of days.

The best thing to use is a product called coochy.  Been shaving down there for fifteen years never a problem.  If you do get itchy use hydrocordizone cream 1%.  And never use a womens razer.  Use a new razar every time.

The same happens to me but they never stop itching its been like this for months. I wash right after i shave but nothing seems to make it stop. Help me please!!!!

Have you tried anti itch cream?

Hi, just thought I'd let you guys know that shaving the pubic area is not medically recommended because when you shave you create micro damage to the skin. In sensitive skin like the pubic region this is increased. These injuries to the skin create openings for bacteria to colonize and cause infection. On sensitive skin this is very painful and all too often can turn into an abscess that will need drainage and antibiotic use.  Since the pubic area is a high humidity level area, it is perfect for bacteria to live. Note, it only takes a few hours (overstatement) after a shower for the skin to become recolonized by bacteria (these bacteria are normal flora of the skin), but when there are open wounds (no matter how small) they can invade and lead to infection. It is recommended for you to use a trimmer instead of a razor.

By that reasoning no one should shave their pits either?

I'm 13 I'm turned on and I shaved aboute a month ago and I almost died because it was so itchy so anything that can help would be very great full