Hello, I had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago. I was 6 weeks along. My hormones are back to normal. My doctor said we could try again straight away so have been. I know it is too early yet, but i want to do a home pregnancy test. When can i do one? Is it 4 weeks after i started to miscarry? Or do i go by when my period would have been due? When do i expect to get my period if i'm not pregnant? Sorry for all the quesions but all the information i can find is so contradicting.

Hi Bec: I am a bit surprised that you were told to go ahead so quickly, but I`m not a doctor so I`m sure he knew you were ok! Sorry for your loss honey! With the miscarriage your period WILL be wonky. Have you been trying since the lossÉ If so I would give it another week and then test! Because that would be 4 weeks. Keeping in mind it might not be accurate due to when you might have conceived. After a loss, a birth and bortion etc. It can take up to 6 weeks for your regular period to come back. So the longer you wait the better, so you`re not dissapointed. Please let me know how you make out! And I wish you all the luck and health. I hope I answered your question!

I'm not sure how long after a miscarriage you have to wait to test but a girlfriend of mine had a miscarriage and like you she kept trying after that happened. When she thought she might have been pregnant she took a test and it said positive but when she went to the doctors they said it was a false positive because of the miscarriage. Just thought I would let you know about her story. She is now 6 or 7 months pregnant after trying the next month after her false positive and is having a little girl in October. I wish you the best of luck and I am sorry for your loss, I know its a difficult thing to go through.

Thanks for your replies. I will wait another week (so 4 weeks since the m/c) to do a test. I did a pregnancy test the other day because i had a spare one, and it came up negative - so i know i won't get a fake positve. i'm hoping it was negative because its too early to test for pregnancy as my HCG hormones wouldn't be strong enough yet. I don't think i'm pregnant but i'm holding onto any little chance - no period yet so fingers crossed. My partner has gone over seas for work for a few months so this is my last chance for a while so wish me luck. Thanks guys.

Wishing you luck and health!!! Take it easy on yourself honey OK?

Hi there, did you take a pregnancy test yet? I hope that you're doing well right now and I hope that you get whatever result that you want. Come let us know, okay? THanks!

I did the test and it was negative, and typlically i got my period that day. At least now i know my body is on it's way to back to normal so i will use this month to find out when i ovulate, so i have something to work with when my partner gets back from overseas.

I wish you luck and health honey!