Hi! I am 22 years old and I am 165cm high and I weigh 61kg. As you may see I have a few kilograms more than I should. I tried many diets but results were poor if any. Since I have some skin problems too a friend recommended that I start a detox diet since it helps detoxify your body and results in clearer skin, more energy and fewer kilograms. I got interested in this subject and read some articles on it but I didn’t quite find evidence that it leads to a weight loss. What do you think? Will I loose a weight with detox diet?

Hello! Detox diet is not primarily a weight-loss diet. It serves to clean our body from deposited chemicals which we take in together with food, air and water. It minimizes the amount of chemicals ingested since it’s based on taking organic fruit and vegetables and a lot of water and herbal tea. That food it propagates is rich in vitamins and antioxidants that body needs to detoxify. It increases bowel movement and urination, so it can lead to weight loss too. Therefore, yes, it usually results in clearer skin and weight loss but there are other reasons why it’s good for you that are far more important such as strengthening your immune system, improving your metabolism and increasing your concentration.

Hi! I am a fitness trainer and I strongly disagree with detox-dieting. It is certainly good to increase the amount of organic food you take but your entire nutrition cannot be based on fruit and water only. People need proteins and carbohydrates for their body to have the sufficient energy to deal with everyday stress and obligations. People also need to exercise and with this kind of diet they wouldn’t have enough energy and strength to do it. I had people who are on this diet coming to fitness and they couldn’t last through a basic training. They complained of headaches and tiredness. If you want to loose weight eat small meals five times a day (avoid sweets and white flour) but never after 8 pm, and exercise at least for an hour three times a week.