Okay, before everyone freaks out and says I'm too young, just hear me out.

My boyfriend and I have been together for a while, not that "3 days and already having sex lets get married" kind of relationship. I've known him going on 5 years, and we have talked about children together since I'm moving in with him over Christmas break.

I know that I'm young, with a future ahead of me. I realize this. Im not wanting to have one to cure family or daddy issues, or trying to keep my boyfriend around. My boyfriend was beyond excited when I started having pregnancy symptoms a month after we'd had sex, but the tests turned out negative and we were devastated. I'm not PURPOSELY trying to get pregnant as much as I want to be. My logic is "if it happens, it was meant to be. If not, i'll wait" and my boyfriend and I have settled on that agreement. He's started talking about trying to conceive in March, because my 18th birthday is shortly after.

I guess my question is- why do I feel the need to have a baby? I know I have a wonderful plan for myself, and so does my boyfriend. He'll be joining the army and I'll be attending college to become an English teacher- and I know all of that would be put on hold if we had a baby.

What are your experiences?

Thank you! x

I am kind of in the same boat as you are. im 20, had my period since i was a little over 10. i want to go to college and have a career, but at this point i would love to have a baby of my own. most of my friends do, my boy has one from a previous relationship (and i love her) and my cousins are having them. i know it will be hard to accomplish things with a little one but i have a strong urge for one. I am now pregnant. and i am scared. like, didnt think it would happen, because i was on birth control, but user error i guess when i missed a day or two consecutively. (although i thought you had to miss more than that).

But if you really want a baby, why not? Schooling might be difficult, but if you can take classes online then that will help you. And if he is in the army he will get more $ to help support his child. So you really would not be in it by yourself.