I’m currently in my second month of using Xenical and after I initially lost 3 lbs, now it feels like my weight loss has completely stopped. I’m still 15 lbs overweight and despite taking Xenical before my every meal, I’m not losing weight at all. And to be honest, I’m too tired of constantly having to run to the toilet after meals.

That’s why I’m thinking about talking to my doctor to switch me to Reductil, but will Reductil be any more effective than Xenical was? Does it work the same way Xenical does?

Xenical and Reductil don't work the same way: Xenical binds with fat you consume from meals and goes through your digestive system practically unchanged - that's why you have so many bowel movements. Reductil works differently, partly as an appetite suppressant and partly by making you feel full quicker.

However, neither of these medications just on their own can bring constant weight loss. For that you also need to cut some calories from your diet and try to be more physically active.