Hello. I'm 38 year old male and just recently I've hurt my shoulder badly. It happened while I was trying to move some furniture in my apartment by my self. I've just felt strong pain and I had to stop with all work. I couldn’t move my hand or should at all and I thought this is, although serious, simple shoulder injury and that I will recover by my self. But it wasn’t like that. Although, injury happened a week ago, pain is still present and with almost same intensity.
A friend told me that I should contact my doctor immediately because I could have developed some shoulder impingement syndrome. What the hell is that and how serious it really is?

Hi. I know some facts about this syndrome you’ve mentioned and if I was on your place I would listen what my best friend is telling me. He’s completely right. I will tell what I know about this problem.
Shoulder impingement syndrome is caused by compression of the tendons in your shoulder. To be more precise it is compression of the rotator cuff between shoulder blade and the head of your humerus bone. Often it is causing immobility and chronic and strong pain.
Although this could end up as very serious disorder- initial treatment for an impinged shoulder includes rest, ice, and anti-inflammatory medications and if the problem continues to bother you-shoulder surgery is necessary!