I have considered a high protein diet, because I do a lot of sport (football) and I have heard from team mates that high protein diets are the best way to stay in shape. That sounds good to me, but I did want to know what the side effects of a high protein diet might be? I'd love to hear from you!

If you use a high protein diet in the correct way, there are no side effects. I think high protein diet are especially good for people whoa re very active, and especially for bodybuilders. You should still make sure that you get a good amount of food from all other food groups as well. Variety is still important, even if your goal is a high protein diet.

Hi! I am not a bodybuilder, but I have lost weight over the last year and have read most diet books that are currently popular. Have you noticed how most high protein diets are not recommend to people trying to lose weight for more than a few weeks, or a month at most? I guess that is because high protein diets are not so healthy after all.