This is the third time I’ve got sinusitis. Everywhere when I got cold I got sinus inflamed. Is this become a chronic condition in my case? I don’t know how to prevent this. I have constant pain around my ear and in my cheek it also causes my upper teeth to hurt. I am worried that I may get ear infection or something more serious from this sinusitis. I need some advice here about the therapy. Thanks.

Sinusitis generally requires a combination of therapies. In addition to antibiotics when the sinusitis is caused by bacterial infection, your physician may prescribe a medication to reduce blockage or control allergies. Something like a decongestant, a mucus-thinning medicine or a cortisone nasal spray, that will keep the sinus passage open. I my case is allergy, so I need to reduce allergic symptoms to prevent sinusitis. My therapies are anti-inflammatory medications, decongestants, and environmental control measures, which is the hardest for me to deal with. Winter is the worst. At home I inhale myself and I am applying hot packs. I don’t know what else I can tell you.