I am 30 years old female with a big problem. When I was younger, I had trauma to my labium minora. To specify my problem I have to say I have labia laceration. Now I have found out I could underwent repair of the laceration and labia minora reduction. I would like to ask someone could that be fixed and should I try to undergo this surgery.

I could tell you that are rare to have labia laceration, as well to have labia that are of different sizes and textures. Labia are the outer and inner lips of the vulva, and labia minora that have laceration in your case are inner lips. The outer lips, or labia majora, are two fatty pads, which are usually covered with pubic hair. Between are the inner lips, or labia minora, which are two folds or flaps, similar to butterfly wings. You have to know although women's labia are as unique as the individual woman is. I mean by ranging in size, shape, color, and texture, but still many women want to fix it. Think of the labia as petals of a rare exotic flower, because some labia are short, thick, and lumpy, while others are long, thin, and smooth. That is why you have to watch your labia as unique, and only if you really have problem with laceration you could have this surgery. Otherwise, you should not be so much worried if that laceration does not cause you problems.

I had a labia laceration when I was 11. I had surgery to reduce the excess skin left on my inner labia because it would get caught between my legas when I was active and his was uncomfortable. I am OK with my results. No matter wht they do it wil never look like it did before and this operation is best onl for extreme labia insecurity or becuase of health problems or the labia mking physical activity difficult. Like Audre Lorde, it is good to remember signs of struggle on our bodies show how strong we are and are something to be proud of.

The surgery is INCREDIBLY painful but healing time is relatively quick. You will be put on a catheter and bd rest for a few days. It was almost as bad as my oriinal lacerations. remember it will never look exactly how you want it to or match the other side perfectly. sometimes it is best to be thankful that things work don there evn if they are not how you want them to look. I have never had a man complain of my genitalia and if a partner is that shallow then good riddens! You survived a great feat of pain and should be proud!

As Guest said if a partner complained he would be very shallow, and you'd be better off w/o him ! Unless it causes you pain, don't let it worry you