This is really embarrassing for me to tell, but I have been avoiding a gynecologist for so many years due to my embarrassment. Anyway, I can always remember as a kid humping things. As i got older around 16 years old I masturbated..A LOT. Around 17 I noticed that something really small would kind of stick out of my vaginal lips (labia majora). I used to just tuck it in, so that it would look normal. Now, I am 22 and I always have rough sexual intercourse with my boyfriend. Now, my labia minora sticks out, and I can't even tuck it in! It completely stays out, and it gets very itchy and inflamed sometimes in the morning (or after intercourse). I used to have sex almost everyday, sometimes 3x a day. But now, since the state of my vagina has changed, I probably have sex once a week, or every other week. Also, it seems like the more i have intercourse, the looser my vagina gets, and the more my labia minora sticks out. Is my vagina loose?? My vagina irritates me SO much, especially when i wear tight jeans or shorts. Sometimes I feel like I can't even feel the thrush of my boyfriend's penis going in while we are having intercourse. DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM?? please help! :-(

Hey, I noticed your post and I just wanted you to know that I'm actually 22 and in the same position as you. A few years back I had a bf who read about something online and wanted to stretch them to see out of curiosity...of course, I didn't know anything about it and he didn't know at the time that what he did actually stretched them out permanently. What an as****e! Well we later broke up and since then I've been pretty self conscious to the point where I am having surgery in the next year (my choice) but I'd just have to say that a lot of women are like this...I have some gf's that are like this and the only guys that you hear making fun of them are guys that are insecure or they're just jerks (like Dane Cook). I mean, you really don't hear too many girls making fun of guys for being uncircumsized, small, etc. and yet every inch of the female body is just "up for comment" by anybody. The swelling after sex that you mention is probably just that-a lot of blood flows there and the area gets engorged. (Haha I've done a lot of research on this) But get it checked out if it starts itching or really hurting or something.

About not seeing a gynecologist: I'd have to say, please go! I'm not saying that you have this but I waited for 19 years to go see one bc I was sooo embarassed by the size of my labia that by the time I did, the only partner that I'd had gave me the cervical cancer HPV strain and I was so far into it that I had to have two biopsies, two culposcopies, and a LEEP procedure...and then had a reoccurance a year ago and had to have more biopsies and a culposcopy again. All it took was that one partner-and if I'd gone earlier, it would have been caught in a timely fashion. So it's really your choice but please, I would go asap. Doctors see all kinds of shapes and sizes and I'm not saying that it isn't awkward for me-because it is! I turn red and want to cry when the doctor and the nurse look down there and I feel judged but you know, a good doctor won't treat you any differently. I mean hell, it's a vagina. It's not like ours is falling off or anything-it's just different from the "Playboy ideal" right now.

You see those guys with the stretched earrlobes? Well nobody really makes too much fun of them for having them. In the same way, I don't think guys honestly make fun of girls with large labia-at least when they have a gf or girl that they really care about. My current bf and most of my exes actually loved mine...it was just me inside of my head who couldn't get over how uncomfortable I felt. Whether or not you choose to have surgery is up to you but for now, just see a gynecologist because your health is more important than anything physical and he or she can answer any awkward questions you have. Take care! :-)

hey i came across both your replies and i really need some advice here i am WORRIED SICK at the moment. im 22. have had sex with only one guy who took my virginity a year back..and well the thing is we dont have sex that regularly.but offlate whenever we do..i end up bleeding.it is not a lot.some spots occur on the bedsheets and all im wondering is that is it because something is wrong with me? a girl cannot grow her hymen back right? thats no possible.so what could be the reason? i live in a place where its next to impossible to go see a doc.so i really need some help here.i too have a large labia majora..on the right actually.the left one is just normal shaped.
Before when we had sex i didnt bleed so much.This has been happening now. and the gap is like 1 month or sometimes even more.
I REALLY NEED someone to tell me its okay and i shouldnt worry.

It could be that his penis is causing abrasions. This could simply be due to a lack of natural lubrication. If you and he aren't using condoms, then the abrasions are that much more likely. Making sure to use a condom *every* time, and keeping lubricant handy, should fix it.

There *IS* a condition which causes a woman's hymen to quasi-repair itself. It is *extremely* rare, and I sincerely doubt that is your problem.

Also, the older a person becomes prior to having sex...the further hymen retreats inside of the woman's body. So, if he is of average length(or smaller), then there is a chance that his penis is pushing your hymen, but that it still hasn't actually *broken*.

Also, the older a person becomes prior to having sex...the hymen retreats higher/deeper inside of a woman's body. So, if he is of average length(or shorter)there is a chance that his penis is pushing your hymen, but that it still hasn't actually *broken*.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that this is completely normal. It's part of aging and your vagina does not need to look like a little girl's. Before you decide to have labiaplasty or any other type of surgery to shorten your labia minora you should read up on the effects of such surgeries--loss of feeling/sensitivity, loss of arousal, etc. 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

***post is edited by moderator ***inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

Every women is shaped, colored differently down there. It's genetics. No different than a guy. More sex doesn't make your labias longer or darker.. If that's the case why don't guys penis get longer?? Stop being so self conscious.. There's more guys I know prefer longer labias and its more pleasurable for the girl :)

It would take many weeks/months of hours per day to permanently stretch any flesh on part of the human body. Pulling labia during sex would do nothing permanent to them. It's far more likely if a girl thinks sex is stretching her labia out, she already had fuller longer labia that grew as part of her own genetics (which many men prefer) and just never noticed or was in denial of them. Try doing a web image search on labia minora and one will see all shapes, sizes and flesh tone coloring. Also note the many blogs and websites featuring bigger labia. Many guys feel its more to play with and admire and looks less like a little girl.

*Many guys feel larger longer fuller labia minora are sexier, more to admire, more fun to play with, and look more like a woman versus a prepubescent girl.

look forget what some people are saying a few months back i had labia minora and didnt want surgery i visited the page labiatherepist.blogspot.com and they gave natural ways to reduce it such as tee tree oil and coconut oil now iam having sex with my boyfreind  alot ;-)

Bigger lips are so sexy. The sexiest of them all! Don't let anyone tell you different, if they do, they're ametures.

Seriously i was in this same place about three years ago...so insecure about myself, i finally had a labiaplasty, funny thing--she didnt take any loose skin from around my clit, just where the penis enters in...so it still looks weird and im even more embarrassed than before. But the only difference now, is that i lost feeling(to the point where i can barely ever orgasm) , they took so much off that i actually tear the flesh when me and my husband have sex(and the scar tissue doesnt allow any stretch)....im so unhappy and my husband loves me unconditionally...if i would have known that i was going to meet a man that loved me and my lopsided ugly stretched out vagina, i would have never had thr surgery. Because of the pain from this its really hard to stay wet because my attention is on the pain instead of enjoying my husband. He always thinks hes doing something wrong, i will forever live with this insecurity ans shame because i know i did this to myself. I dont have an answer but just know that you are not the only one that feels the way you do. Not only have i always been embarrased to go to doctors, but even so embarrased to even show it to my own husband !! But there is so much more to a person than the outward appearance, Thank God!!!

So this is kind of related, but I just hooked up with a guy and he gave me oral and he fingered me a little roughly and I did lose my virginity to him, but we didn't fully have sex because I wasn't wet enough. I'm worried though because afterwards my vagina really hurt and I could feel that it was stretched, but when I looked closer I noticed one of my "inner lips" was stretched out looking. It's only one though and I don't understand why. We didn't even have sex for long, he kind of just broke my hymen and thats it. Can someone please help me

Help you what?
How could you feel that your vagina was stretched, did it feel looser than before when you put your finger in? If it was looser it's only because the muscles relaxed to allow the penis in and it will soon go back to normal. Women don't spend the rest of their lives with a hole the size of a baby's head after giving birth.

Did you ever inspect it that closely to see what your lips looked like before you did this? I doubt or rather I'm sure, you didn't stretch a lip from what you did. It takes weeks or even months of tension to stretch skin like that. The freaks you see on porn sites with weights hanging from their long stretched labia, spent months or even years wearing weights attached to them to get that stretch. If you have one that is longer or "stretched" it's because it grew that way and that's simply the way you are. Having sex did not cause it.

Sex or masturbation has nothing to do with getting looser labia minora - that's genetics. I have had very rough sex and have masturbated long before you have a lot, and mine are tight and tucked in. It's all about genetics. As for the irritation, it may be because since they stick out, they get dry. I would see a gynecologist regardless especially if you are 22.