Hello. I'm 17 year old female and I would like to find out some information about some aspects of healthy skin.
You see, I have noticed that all my friends are starting to suffer from several skin problems and some of these are really serious.
Most of them have skin covered with these small acnes and that’s why I wouldn’t like for this to happen to me. Luckily-my face and body skin are still clear. I have heard that all this has something to do with zinc level in our body. So, I was wondering what zinc has to do with all this and could I start taking it in some supplements and prevent this from happening. If someone knows more about this-feel free to write about this!

Hello. I know some facts about this and I will tell you everything I know about zinc. You see, the mineral zinc is present in every part of the body and has a wide range of functions and among all these- you were right about one thing-it really is particularly important for healthy skin. But there is one problem.
Your friends’ skin problems are probably not caused by the lack of zinc in their body but it is caused by hormonal changes and fluctuations.
Anyway, you could use these zinc supplements no mater what is the exact cause of acne. I have read that zinc supplementation can help a lot skin conditions such as acne and eczema.
You should also know that Zinc is present in a wide variety of foods and best sources include beans and lentils, yeast, nuts, seeds and wholegrain cereals.