My doctor told me that i should take more food that is rich in zinc. I have to say that i have no idea what he was taking about even though he explained everything to me. Can you give me more information regarding the zinc-rich food. Thank you

Zinc is an essential mineral for human health. It is needed for the enzymes that regulate cell division, growth, wound healing, and proper functioning of the immune system and the mineral also plays a role in acuity of taste and smell. Zinc is actually plentiful in foods, and I will tell you where it can be found. Meats, seafood (especially oysters), and liver are the richest sources of zinc. Also, brewer’s yeast, milk and other dairy products, beans, and wheat germ also supply some zinc. Water contains small amounts of zinc. Another zinc containing food is barley, chicken, wheat, crab, lamb, beef, turkey and etc. It is important that your condition is monitored by your doctor. The zinc in foods can not hurt you. However, supplementary zinc can so don’t take zinc supplements. Instead, a better option is to eat foods rich in zinc. Good luck